Skip to Content Top
Child Support Effectively Advocating for You with Compassion and Integrity

Sarasota Child Support Lawyer

The calculation and determination of child support, if any, is necessary in every divorce or separation case involving minor children.   Every parent must financially support their child. What is often missed in these cases is that the right to child support actually belongs to the child. 

The amount of support to be exchanged between parties and enforcement of that support is often the subject of expensive and time-consuming litigation in Florida. 

At McDermott Law Offices, PLLC, we represent divorcing, separating, or never-married parents in this matter. Our firm seeks to resolve child support disputes outside court through negotiation, mediation, or collaborative law. These methods help you avoid the time, expense, and stress of courtroom litigation. 

However, where issues cannot be resolved through these methods, you can rely on the trial experience of Attorney McDermott, who has spent over 20 years fighting for the rights and interests of Florida parents and children. 

Book a confidential consultation with our Sarasota child support attorney by email on our contact form or by phone at (941) 837-5071

Continue Reading Read Less

Paternity & Child Support

Child support is often a vital issue in paternity cases that must be resolved. If paternity is established, the court must order a parent to pay child support according to the guidelines. The father can also seek visitation rights once paternity has been established. Paternity cases can be complex, and working with an experienced family law attorney is essential to protect your rights and interests.

Child Support Modifications & Enforcement

Child support orders can be modified if a parent or child’s circumstances significantly change. This might include a parental job loss, increased income, or a change in custody arrangements. To modify a child support order, either parent can file a request with the court outlining the change in circumstances. If both parents agree on the modification, they can submit a joint petition to modify the order.

If one parent fails to pay child support, enforcing the order through various legal means is possible. As the recipient of child support, you must seek enforcement through a petition to the court. Where delinquency is shown, courts can enforce the support through wage garnishment, or interception of tax refunds.

Continue Reading Read Less

    "I'll Be Forever Grateful!"

    I was shown nothing but respect, professionalism, compassion, and integrity... my case was handled with the utmost care and importance.

    - Joseph L.
    "Patient and Helpful"

    Paul McDermott is very helpful and professional. He is also patient and provided excellent advice.

    - Former Client
    "They Actually Care"

    Paul & Louise were amazing!! He was patient with my case, despite all the bumps in my case and understood my situation.

    - David A.
    "Excellent Counsel"

    I strongly recommend using Paul McDermott. Paul always had my best interests in mind when deciding our course of action.

    - William G.
    "Honest and Responsive"

    Mr. McDermott provided me with the greatest counseling and representation that I could ask for. I really appreciate his honesty, integrity, and responsiveness.

    - Sergio A.
    "Just Great!"

    Great attorneys - more like family. Will never go anywhere else. Gave me way more than I could afford because they care about people. Just great.

    - Pete L.
    "Calm and Considerate"

    Paul was always calm, organized, and helpful during my time of need. The team was also very caring and considerate like it was their own life they were dealing with!

    - Casey E.
    "Empathy, Creativity, & Integrity"

    This team demonstrated incredible empathy, creativity, integrity, wealth of knowledge, and humor when helping me with my divorce. They lead me step by step with projected timelines, options, and reality checks.

    - Eduardo L.

Contact Us Today

We’re Ready to Help You Move Forward

A member of our team will be in touch shortly to confirm your contact details or address questions you may have.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy

What Sets Us Apart

  • Compassionately Aggressive
    We understand this can be a difficult process; we care for the person behind the case, while still fighting aggressively for your rights.
  • Responsive and Reachable
    You'll never wonder where your case stands; we'll return you calls and walk you through the process every step of the way.
  • Prioritizing Your Experience
    We have served thousands of clients, providing excellent customer service with the utmost integrity.
  • Serving Clients Since 2001

    Paul McDermott has been effectively advocating for clients like you for over twenty years.