top of page

Manatee County Collaborative Divorce Attorneys

As you might expect, our Manatee County collaborative divorce attorneys get a lot of questions. At McDermott Law Firm, we are skilled collaborative divorce attorneys in Manatee County FL who will be ready to help if there is anything you want to know about this increasingly popular process. Here are the answers to just a few of the questions we receive on a regular basis.


How Do You Start the Collaborative Divorce Process?

The first thing spouses typically do is to hire Manatee County collaborative divorce attorneys. The attorneys and spouses then find neutral professionals to facilitate the process. This will typically include a financial professional, as well as a mental health professional.


In many instances, the collaborative divorce attorneys in Manatee County FL will file a notice with the court. This notice will act as an application for a stay of any court proceedings.

What Does the Collaborative Divorce Attorneys Do?

The mental health neutral professional will usually act as a facilitator. They will help the spouses with any issues that may affect the spouses’ children and will also work to ensure the process remains non-adversarial. The neutral financial professional will work to gather all pertinent financial records. These could include assets, expenses, income, liabilities and more. This professional will help the spouses, as well as their respective collaborative divorce attorneys in Manatee County FL, find the most equitable way to settle all financial issues. These include asset distribution, child support, alimony, etc.


Can This Process Be Kept Private?

Without a doubt. In fact, that’s one of the biggest reasons why people opt for collaborative divorce in the first place. All matters are kept out of a courtroom – and out of the public record as a result.


If you would like to learn more, get in touch with our Manatee Country collaborative divorce attorneys as soon as you can. Call McDermott Law Offices at (941) 225-2550 or use our online form.

bottom of page